Edge & Node is a creative software development company working to build a vibrant, decentralized future. Founded by the initial team behind The Graph, Edge & Node is dedicated to the advancement of web3, a decentralized and fair internet where public data is available to all—an internet that enables its users to increase agency over their creations and their lives.
Edge & Node’s initial product is The Graph, an indexing protocol for querying networks like Ethereum and IPFS, which ensures open data is always available and easy to access. The Graph is used by thousands of protocols and dapps including Uniswap, Livepeer, Aave, Decentraland, and more. Edge & Node also launched Everest, a decentralized registry with the mission to catalyze the shift to web3, facilitating community-driven curation of projects providing ongoing utility to the crypto space.
The Technical Writer will help drive technical documentation around various areas within The Graph ecosystem.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Working with our developers, product managers, and solutions engineers to deliver accurate and informative technical documentation across user manuals, guides, blogs, product demos, and developer communication
- Working closely with support teams to help write & answer questions on Discord that explain issues and bugs and ensure applications have seamless experiences with The Graph
- Supporting business teams with writing requests involving new integrations and/or partnerships, make edits to drafts as needed
- Participating in engineering, product, & marketing huddles to provide input on top issues and trends
- Collaborating with the business development and community teams to support subgraph developers, users, and network participants
- Managing all aspects of the documentation process—from planning to maintenance
- Reading code and running the protocol software, etc. to generate comprehensive docs
What We Expect
- Excellent communication skills in English language
- Excellent technical written skills and an attention to detail
- Experience with Github and other developer tooling
- Knowledge about The Graph, blockchain, and web3
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer desired
- 1+ year experience with technical writing, please provide writing samples or a portfolio demonstrating your skills
- Ability to transform complex lingo into user-friendly verbiage
- Ability to leverage visual diagrams to explain technical architecture + flows
About The Graph
The Graph is the indexing and query layer of web3. The Graph Network’s self service experience for developers launched in July 2021. Developers build and publish open APIs, called subgraphs, that applications can query using GraphQL. The Graph supports indexing data from multiple different networks including Ethereum, NEAR, Arbitrium, Optimism, Polygon, Avalanche, Celo, Fantom, Moonbeam, IPFS, and PoA with more networks coming soon. To date, tens-of-thousands of subgraphs have been deployed on the hosted service, and now subgraphs can be deployed directly on the network. Over 28,000 developers have built subgraphs for applications such as Uniswap, Synthetix, KnownOrigin, Art Blocks, Balancer, Livepeer, DAOstack, Audius, Decentraland, and many others.
If you are a developer building an application or web3 application, you can use subgraphs for indexing and querying data from blockchains. The Graph allows applications to efficiently and performantly present data in a UI and allows other developers to use your subgraph too! You can deploy a subgraph to the network using the newly launched Subgraph Studio or query existing subgraphs that are in the Graph Explorer. The Graph would love to welcome you to be Indexers, Curators and/or Delegators on The Graph’s mainnet. Join The Graph community by introducing yourself in The Graph Discord for technical discussions, join The Graph’s Telegram chat, and follow The Graph on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Reddit, and Medium! The Graph’s developers and members of the community are always eager to chat with you, and The Graph ecosystem has a growing community of developers who support each other.
The Graph Foundation oversees The Graph Network. The Graph Foundation is overseen by the Technical Council. Edge & Node, StreamingFast, Figment, Semiotic and The Guild are five of the many organizations within The Graph ecosystem.