Edge & Node stands as the revolutionary vanguard of web3, a vision of a world powered by individual autonomy, shared self-sovereignty and limitless collaboration. Established by trailblazers behind The Graph, we’re on a mission to make The Graph the internet’s unbreakable foundation of open data. Edge & Node invented and standardized subgraphs across the industry, solidifying The Graph as the definitive way to organize and access blockchain data. Utilizing a deep expertise in developing open-source software, tooling, and protocols, we empower builders and entrepreneurs to bring unstoppable applications to life with revolutionary digital infrastructure.
Edge & Node acts on a set of unwavering principles that guide our journey in shaping the future. We champion a decentralized internet—free from concentrated power—where collective consensus aligns what is accepted as truth, rather than authoritative dictation. Our commitment to censorship resistance reinforces our vision of an unyielding information age free from the grasp of a single entity. By building for open-source, we challenge the stagnant landscape of web2, recognizing that true innovation thrives in transparency and collaboration. We imagine a permissionless future where the shackles imposed by central gatekeepers are not only removed, but relegated to the dustbin of a bygone era. And at the foundation of it all, our trust shifts from malevolent middlemen to trustless systems, leveraging smart contracts to eliminate the age-old vulnerabilities of misplaced trust.
To grow our Smart Contracts team, we are looking for an experienced, self-driven Solidity Engineer interested in working on the Graph Network. Designed entirely by the team, it combines several crypto-economic mechanisms such as curation with bonding curves, staking, delegation, slashing, and rewards distribution. The team is responsible for keeping the network contracts safe and pushing the tech further to advance the space.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Designing, coding, testing and deploying smart contracts of The Graph Network
- Reviewing code written by other team members
- Collaborating with auditors to ensure code quality standards and security
- Working closely with Engineering, Research and Product areas to ship a consistent experience to our community
- Writing scripts to automate monitoring and tracking to maintain the overall network health
- Engaging our community by sharing our design decisions and document how the protocol works
What We Expect
- 3+ years of experience with Solidity
- Understanding of the Ethereum Virtual Machine, gas optimization tradeoffs and security best practices
- Deployed real smart contracts that have seen public use (in TVL, middleware, governance) in Ethereum Mainnet
- Experience in working with external contributors and community members. We collaborate and interact with our growing community of developers and indexers every day. All our code is public as well as the improvement proposal process.
- Attention to detail
- Have a collaborative, problem-solving attitude and be willing to help other team members
- Have used security testing tools like MythX, Slither, Echidna, Mythril
- Know how to use monitoring tools like Tenderly
- Has deployed a subgraph before or understands what a subgraph is
- Interested in Ethereum research - L2's, ETH 2, EIPS
- Experience with Ethers.js and GraphQL
- Experience working with multisig setups
About The Graph
The Graph is the indexing and query layer of web3. The Graph Network’s self service experience for developers launched in July 2021. Developers build and publish open APIs, called subgraphs, that applications can query using GraphQL. The Graph supports indexing data from multiple different networks including Ethereum, NEAR, Arbitrum, Optimism, Polygon, Avalanche, Celo, Fantom, Moonbeam, IPFS, and PoA with more networks coming soon. To date, tens-of-thousands of subgraphs have been deployed on the hosted service, and now subgraphs can be deployed directly on the network. Over 28,000 developers have built subgraphs for applications such as Uniswap, Synthetix, KnownOrigin, Art Blocks, Balancer, Livepeer, DAOstack, Audius, Decentraland, and many others.
If you are a developer building an application or web3 application, you can use subgraphs for indexing and querying data from blockchains. The Graph allows applications to efficiently and performantly present data in a UI and allows other developers to use your subgraph too! You can deploy a subgraph to the network using the newly launched Subgraph Studio or query existing subgraphs that are in the Graph Explorer. The Graph would love to welcome you to be Indexers, Curators and/or Delegators on The Graph’s mainnet. Join The Graph community by introducing yourself in The Graph Discord for technical discussions, join The Graph’s Telegram chat, and follow The Graph on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Reddit, and Medium! The Graph’s developers and members of the community are always eager to chat with you, and The Graph ecosystem has a growing community of developers who support each other.
The Graph Foundation oversees The Graph Network. The Graph Foundation is overseen by the Technical Council. Edge & Node, StreamingFast, Messari, Semiotic and The Guild are five of the many organizations within The Graph ecosystem.