Site Reliability Engineer
Edge & Node is a creative software development company working to build a vibrant, decentralized future. Founded by the initial team behind The Graph, Edge & Node is dedicated to the advancement of web3, a decentralized and fair internet where public data is available to all—an internet that enables its users to increase agency over their creations and their lives.
Edge & Node’s initial product is The Graph, an indexing protocol for querying networks like Ethereum and IPFS, which ensures open data is always available and easy to access. The Graph is used by thousands of protocols and dapps including Uniswap, Livepeer, Aave, Decentraland, and more. Edge & Node also launched Everest, a decentralized registry with the mission to catalyze the shift to web3, facilitating community-driven curation of projects providing ongoing utility to the crypto space.
The Site Reliability team works closely with Engineering teams across Edge & Node to ensure the services we operate are reliable, performant and predictable. We focus on a mix of software development, operational automation and collaboration with other teams to help take our service delivery to the next level.
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated SRE expert that can help us develop and automate the various services E&N operates as part of the Graph ecosystem. In this role, you will have the opportunity to drive availability and reliability across multiple engineering teams and work closely with them to ensure the operational aspects of managing services is automated and observable.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Building automation and management systems to deliver the various services which enable The Graph to function.
- Coaching teams across the Graph ecosystem on best practices for deployment, observability and scalability
- Collaborate with other SREs and engineering leaders to ensure our architecture and operations are world-class
- Cultivate a culture of learning by providing insight into performance and reliability at an operational level
What We Expect
- Experience building and delivering large-scale software systems
- Experience operating as a SRE (or similar role) with hands-on experience implementing processes that drive reliability and performance
- History of working across organizations to codify and implement best practices for both operation and construction of software systems; knowledge of CI/CD best practices and ability to implement are considered a plus.
- Deep working knowledge of Kubernetes (or other container orchestration systems) and associated technologies
- Clear communication skills (written and verbal) to document processes and architectures
About the Graph
The Graph is the indexing and query layer of web3. The Graph Network’s self service experience for developers launched in July 2021. Developers build and publish open APIs, called subgraphs, that applications can query using GraphQL. The Graph supports indexing data from multiple different networks including Ethereum, NEAR, Arbitrium, Optimism, Polygon, Avalanche, Celo, Fantom, Moonbeam, IPFS, and PoA with more networks coming soon. To date, tens-of-thousands of subgraphs have been deployed on the hosted service, and now subgraphs can be deployed directly on the network. Over 28,000 developers have built subgraphs for applications such as Uniswap, Synthetix, KnownOrigin, Art Blocks, Balancer, Livepeer, DAOstack, Audius, Decentraland, and many others.
If you are a developer building an application or web3 application, you can use subgraphs for indexing and querying data from blockchains. The Graph allows applications to efficiently and performantly present data in a UI and allows other developers to use your subgraph too! You can deploy a subgraph to the network using the newly launched Subgraph Studio or query existing subgraphs that are in the Graph Explorer. The Graph would love to welcome you to be Indexers, Curators and/or Delegators on The Graph’s mainnet. Join The Graph community by introducing yourself in The Graph Discord for technical discussions, join The Graph’s Telegram chat, and follow The Graph on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Reddit, and Medium! The Graph’s developers and members of the community are always eager to chat with you, and The Graph ecosystem has a growing community of developers who support each other.
The Graph Foundation oversees The Graph Network. The Graph Foundation is overseen by the Technical Council. Edge & Node, StreamingFast, Figment, Semiotic and The Guild are five of the many organizations within The Graph ecosystem.