Remote - Europe
Remote - Europe
Edge & Node is a creative software development company working to build a vibrant, decentralized future. Founded by the initial team behind The Graph, Edge & Node is dedicated to the advancement of web3, a decentralized and fair internet where public data is available to all—an internet that enables its users to increase agency over their creations and their lives.
Edge & Node’s initial product is The Graph, an indexing protocol for querying networks like Ethereum and IPFS, which ensures open data is always available and easy to access. The Graph is used by thousands of protocols and dapps including Uniswap, Livepeer, Aave, Decentraland, and more.
The EA team owns calendar management, scheduling, and cross-functional communication. We are spread across many time zones and work in tandem to align schedules for the fully remote global team. We love to problem solve, fix the unfixable, and make the teams’ day-to-day run as smooth as possible. We work tirelessly to find methods that introduce a minimal amount of overhead while protecting people’s time. We are a small but mighty internal force multiplier for the company.
We are looking for a motivated self-starter and driven individual who can thrive in a dynamic and sometimes undefined environment, and who doesn’t mind taking on multiple projects at once. Reporting to Caroline Nachazel (EA to CEO) with dotted line to Jannis Pohlmann (CTO). Someone who is based in Europe and has a strong understanding of European holidays, working hours, and culture. Someone who is reliable, quick to respond, resourceful, sharp, and able to work with several different people, personalities, and time zones simultaneously. The ideal candidate has previous EA/ administrative experience, is familiar with Slack, GSuite, Notion and is comprehensive with complex calendar management.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Supporting team members in CET/CEST time zones
- Ad hoc scheduling requests
- Ad hoc administrative support
- Liaise with US based EAs
- Calendar management for the Chief Technology Officer (CEST)
- Complex calendar management and organization
- Full reset and reorganization of the CTO’s calendar
- Manage his meetings daily
- Know which meetings need priority and which can be moved out
- Support in CTO workflow
- Support CTO in workflow and prioritization of projects and tasks
- Create/maintain trackers, organization methods for the CTO
- Ensure CTO is reading all agendas, pre-reads, documents as needed ahead of weekly meetings
- Europe Travel Support
- Own and manage CTO’s company travel
- Booking flights, hotels, compiling expense reports for Europe team members
- Ad hoc support to the team while traveling in Europe for work
- Assist with real time requests during European working hours
- Assist with schedule changes/adjustments for team while they are in Europe as needed
- Europe Recruiting
- Assist the US EA team with European Hiring Managers calendars and interview scheduling with candidates
What We Expect
- Efficient calendar management for European team members while working in liaison with US Based EA team
- Extreme professionalism and communication skills
- Prior experience working for a fast-pace start-up and or small team across several time zones
- A can-do attitude, no task is too great or too small, you’ll figure out the best solution possible!
- Being ready to jump in across the organization with a willingness to help and support the team
About the Graph
The Graph is the indexing and query layer of web3. The Graph Network’s self service experience for developers launched in July 2021. Developers build and publish open APIs, called subgraphs, that applications can query using GraphQL. The Graph supports indexing data from multiple different networks including Ethereum, NEAR, Arbitrum, Optimism, Polygon, Avalanche, Celo, Fantom, Moonbeam, IPFS, and PoA with more networks coming soon. To date, tens-of-thousands of subgraphs have been deployed on the hosted service, and now subgraphs can be deployed directly on the network. Over 28,000 developers have built subgraphs for applications such as Uniswap, Synthetix, KnownOrigin, Art Blocks, Balancer, Livepeer, DAOstack, Audius, Decentraland, and many others.
If you are a developer building an application or web3 application, you can use subgraphs for indexing and querying data from blockchains. The Graph allows applications to efficiently and performantly present data in a UI and allows other developers to use your subgraph too! You can deploy a subgraph to the network using the newly launched Subgraph Studio or query existing subgraphs that are in the Graph Explorer. The Graph would love to welcome you to be Indexers, Curators and/or Delegators on The Graph’s mainnet. Join The Graph community by introducing yourself in The Graph Discord for technical discussions, join The Graph’s Telegram chat, and follow The Graph on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Reddit, and Medium! The Graph’s developers and members of the community are always eager to chat with you, and The Graph ecosystem has a growing community of developers who support each other.
The Graph Foundation oversees The Graph Network. The Graph Foundation is overseen by the Technical Council. Edge & Node, StreamingFast, Messari, Semiotic and The Guild are five of the many organizations within The Graph ecosystem.