Noelle Becker Moreno
Community and Front Desk Coordinator
Noelle Becker Moreno
Edge & Node is a creative software development company working to build a vibrant, decentralized future. Founded by the initial team behind The Graph, Edge & Node is dedicated to the advancement of web3, a decentralized and fair internet where public data is available to all—an internet that enables its users to increase agency over their creations and their lives.
Edge & Node’s initial product is The Graph, an indexing protocol for querying networks like Ethereum and IPFS, which ensures open data is always available and easy to access. The Graph is used by thousands of protocols and dapps including Uniswap, Livepeer, Aave, Decentraland, and more. Edge & Node also launched Everest, a decentralized registry with the mission to catalyze the shift to web3, facilitating community-driven curation of projects providing ongoing utility to the crypto space.
The House of Web3 is a pioneering co-creation hub in San Francisco, uniquely positioned at the intersection of technology, creativity, and Web3 innovation. Our space is more than just a workplace; it's a dynamic environment where the brightest minds in the Web3 space converge to collaborate, create, and lead the digital future.
As the Community and Front Desk Coordinator, you will be the heartbeat of our co-creation hub. This role is perfect for someone passionate about building and nurturing a vibrant community of Web3 professionals. You will be the first point of contact for our members, setting the tone for an inspiring and welcoming atmosphere. Your responsibilities will extend beyond the traditional front desk role, encompassing property management, administrative support, and a significant focus on organizing and supporting our diverse range of events. If you are enthusiastic about venue management, creating exceptional experiences, and being part of a dynamic team at the forefront of Web3, we invite you to apply for the Community and Front Desk Coordinator position at the House of Web3.
What You'll Be Doing
- Coordinating all aspects of the venue and workspace, ensuring smooth operations and exceptional guest experiences.
- Overseeing building operations, software systems, audio/visual equipment, and ensuring their proper functioning.
- Implementing effective guest management strategies to ensure a seamless check-in/check-out process.
- Tracking expenditures and maintaining accurate records of financial transactions related to the venue.
- Regularly stocking inventory and coordinating with vendors to ensure an adequate supply of necessary items.
- Ensuring the security, safety, and emergency preparedness of the venue and its occupants.
- Opening or closing the space daily, ensuring everything is in order and ready for the day's activities.
- Being present and available at the front desk during business hours (which may include 9 hour shifts between 8am-7pm) to address inquiries and provide assistance.
- Creating a welcoming environment for the team and assisting with the onboarding process for new co-creators.
- Conducting tours for potential new co-creators and guests, showcasing the space's features and benefits.
- Keeping local press and community leaders informed about events and activities taking place in the venue.
- Actively engaging the local community and building positive relationships with key stakeholders.
- Collaborating with the Events Manager to ensure flawless execution of planned events.
- Conducting cold calls to potential high-profile speakers to secure their participation in events.
- Working with a CRM system to identify trends and patterns among co-creators and optimize their experience.
- Contributing to community channels such as Telegram, X, and internal system when appropriate.
- Taking responsibility for ordering products and food items for the venue, ensuring timely delivery.
- Maintaining the event space to ensure it meets the highest standards of cleanliness and presentation.
- Gathering feedback and suggestions from guests and co-creators to improve the overall experience.
- Proactively seeking solutions, being highly detail-oriented, and multitasking effectively.
- Demonstrating a solutions-driven and proactive approach, taking the initiative when needed.
- Building and expanding the community and ecosystems associated with the House of Web3.
- Possessing high emotional intelligence and fostering positive interactions with all individuals entering the space.
What We Expect
- Ideally, 1-2 years of experience in venue management, demonstrating a strong understanding of operational requirements.
- Excellent multitasking skills and a keen eye for detail to ensure smooth operations and exceptional guest experiences.
- Engaging, personable, and highly intuitive, with excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with guests and team members.
- Familiarity with various events, meeting, and organization platforms or a willingness to quickly learn and adapt to new tools.
- Solutions-driven mindset, proactive approach, and ability to work independently as a self-starter.
- Ability to be physically present on-site in San Francisco - which may include 9 hour shifts between (8am-8pm) Monday through Friday, with flexibility as needed.
- Experience in building and expanding communities and ecosystems, fostering meaningful relationships with stakeholders.
- High emotional intelligence and the ability to create a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for all individuals entering the space.
- Experience with tech conferences, workshops, hackathons, etc.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds, be on your feet, etc.
About The Graph
The Graph is the source of data and information for the decentralized internet. As the original decentralized data marketplace that introduced and standardized subgraphs, The Graph has become web3’s method of indexing and accessing blockchain data. Since its launch in 2018, tens of thousands of developers have built subgraphs for dapps across 40+ blockchains - including Ethereum, Arbitrum, Optimism, Base, Polygon, Celo, Fantom, Gnosis, and Avalanche.
As demand for data in web3 continues to grow, The Graph enters a New Era with a more expansive vision including new data services and query languages, ensuring the decentralized protocol can serve any use case - now and into the future.
Discover more about how The Graph is shaping the future of decentralized physical infrastructure networks (DePIN) and stay connected with the community. Follow The Graph on X, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Reddit, and Medium. Join the community on The Graph’s Telegram, join technical discussions on The Graph’s Discord.
The Graph Foundation oversees The Graph Network. The Graph Foundation is overseen by the Technical Council. Edge & Node, StreamingFast, Semiotic Labs, The Guild, Messari, GraphOps, Pinax and Geo are eight of the many organizations within The Graph ecosystem.